Saturday, July 9, 2016

4th of July Weekend!

This year 4th of July took forever to get here. Mostly because we bought tickets back in March to attend the Stadium of Fire where Tim McGraw was performing! Ethan has never been to a concert, and we are both huge Tim McGraw fans, so we anxiously awaited the day to come. 

We got off work early Friday and drove down to Salt Lake to watch our good friend marry his sweetheart Caroline. We missed the ceremony, but made it to the gorgeous reception at the Joseph Smith building at Temple Square. It was gorgeous and all the pink and sparkles had me reminiscing about our wedding. It was fun to spend time with friends from home and celebrate the newlyweds. 



That night, we stayed in a hotel and spent the next day hanging out with each other while walking around beautiful Salt Lake. We headed back to the hotel early and got ready for our night! The drive down to Provo went by faster than usual as we chatted the whole way down with excitement running through our veins. 

We got to the stadium and found our seats. They were pretty close to the field, and the weather was just right. The event started with performers and music and skydivers! It was awesome, but we really were looking forward to the main event... watching Tim McGraw.



When he finally came on stage, I could hardly contain my excitement! It was a full blown set with all the classics and his best hits. Some of Ethan and I's songs are by Tim McGraw, so I was in bliss hearing them live with my sweet boy. Towards the end of the set, he sang his new hit "Humble and Kind", and it was so powerful. He commented on how much those words mean to him and how hearing them from the crowd for the first time really hit home to him. We sang the words to every song and swayed back and forth the whole night.


On the way back to the hotel, I couldn't help but plaster a huge smile on my face... concerts, Tim McGraw, my sweet husband and the free land that I love? Such a great combination and such a great night.

On Monday, the actual 4th of July, Ethan had to work, so I stayed at home and did some chores around the house until he got back. We had BBQ chicken sandwiches and corn for dinner before heading over to the park down the street to watch a huge firework show together. I have watched many firework shows in my lifetime, but I think the best ones have been spent snuggled up next to Ethan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment