Saturday, May 14, 2016

Spring Break 2016

After graduation, Ethan and I took a month long spring break trip to visit our families and play before heading back to our full time jobs. Let's just say... we definitely made the most of our time off. First, we headed over to Colorado Springs to hang out with the Watsons for a week. During that time, we played tons of games and went on too many ice cream trips. We were too busy chatting most of the time to take any pictures, but I realize that this has become a trend, so next time we see them, I will have to remember to document. 

After fun in Colorado, we met my family in Nevada for a two-day handgun defense training course. Mark has been wanting to take us, and got the family passes for Christmas last year. I wasn't really sure how it was going to be, but it ended up being a blast! Katie had to work, but her husband, Chris, still came and it was loads of fun!








              
  


After that, Ethan and I followed the family back to California. I'm going to be honest, most of those days were spent working at my old high school job which was heaven sent because we didn't have any other money source during our month long vacation. We also went to a handful of Alec's baseball games. One night, it was freezing, and my poor mom was so cold! We grabbed the towels from our car and she bundled up. It was hilarious!


We also spent many days at the pool, and made Alec (who was newly licensed) our personal chauffeur. He liked it because everyone else was still too scared to drive with him, and we liked it because we had already spent way too many hours on the road. 



Ethan jokes that he's been to Disneyland more times since being married to me than he has his entire life. I mean... I couldn't disappoint him this trip, right? We bought a two day ticket, and decided to take Alec with us the first day!










It was an absolute blast! We rode all of the rides several times, and had all the best Disney treats. It was nice getting to take Alec before he left for his mission. I love when we get to make memories together. On the ride home, Alec's feet were really smelly, so he decided to put his feet out the window to let them air out. It was hilarious! I had to capture the silliness that is Alec. 


 One weekend, my parents took us to the beach. On the way there, we got off the freeway and they surprised us by stopping at delicious Rosa Maria's! Yum! We were all in heaven. That is definitely a family favorite. Good thing Ethan agrees, or things might be kind of rocky over here... haha


We spent two days at the beach, and on the first night, we went to Medieval Times. My mom, Alec and I went years ago before my mom married Mark, but Ethan has never been, so we decided to buy tickets and go! It was really fun to see how into the show Ethan was. It was great!


I'm not sure what Mark is doing in that picture, but it's hilarious!!


My parents and Alec left after a couple days at the beach to go back to work and school, but Ethan and I stayed at the hotel to go to Disneyland one more day. The night that everyone left, I took Ethan to Sprinkles Cupcakes. I'm not a huge cupcake fan, but Ethan and I have been watching tons of baking shows, so it was fun to stop by. 


Disneyland the second day was just as magical as every other time. We went on every ride so many times, that I think my Disney cravings were satisfied... until next summer at least :)

Being a local to Disneyland my whole life, I have never been one to get into costume, but when Ethan got a Star Wars shirt our first time at Disney this go- around, I looked for one, and found one at Target for $4! What a steal... so matching Star Wars shirts it was. 



We met our favorite Wookie, and Ethan found a friend in him as they are almost the same height... :)

Here's a better picture of those Star Wars shirts... yippee!


Here's proof that I beat Ethan at Astroblasters... again... I mean, how could I not? 
Look at that focus.


Disneyland wasn't very crowded, and we even had time to ride the carousal! 


It was an amazing spring break spending time with family and making memories, we said goodbye and headed to our next stop... Las Vegas to cash in on Ethan's birthday trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment