Saturday, March 26, 2016

Birthday Month! Part II

After such a perfect birthday, thanks to Ethan, I was more than anxious to get his birthday going. I had been planning Ethan's birthday for a couple months and could not wait to surprise him, especially after all he did for me. It was torture waiting for his birthday to finally come.

His birthday is March 26, but we decided to celebrate early with Ethan's brother and our friends, Katelynn & Erik. Because of this, I decided to treat Ethan to a little pre-birthday breakfast.



That night, we went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner because Ethan really wanted their steak. Look at how happy he looks with the addition of shrimp to his plate!



After a delicious dinner (and no dirty dishes to clean!!), we went back to our house and had everyone over for games and a birthday treat! We played a couple of party games, and then busted out 'pie face'. It's this hilarious game where you spin a dial and have to turn a knob on a contraction as many times as the number on the dial says. Essentially, every once in a while, the hand comes up and pies you with a face full of whipped cream. It's hilarious and everyone was laughing. I wish I saved more pictures of it, but here is what I found...




I had someone make these cute Star Wars cupcakes for his birthday. They even had a delicious chocolate chip cookie dough filling! Yum!







The birthday boy was allowed to open up a few gifts including games and a disc that our friends got him as well as a couple things he's been asking for including the complete James Bond set from me. That night, everyone went home, and Ethan and I went to bed pretty quickly because we had a long day ahead of us.

Saturday morning, Ethan woke up to a stack of presents. I told him each present correlated with what we were going to do next.



The first present was a Darth Vader waffle maker... a waffle maker Ethan asked for multiple times... which led to us having Darth Vader waffles for breakfast.




The next present were two discs that Ethan has really wanted. He was extremely excited to see them, and was even more excited because the night before, he opened a backpack that my mom sent him to hold all his discs in. Look at that surprised face!! I love how excited he was for these two gifts!! Our friend Erik was waiting to go test out the new discs and back pack with Ethan.



Ethan had instructions to be home by a certain time. When he got home, he took a quick shower and I let him open up another gift. It was coconut body scrub with a professional massage scheduled in less than an hour. We hurried and grabbed lunch and got Ethan's favorite local nachos to make our appointment. After our massage, he opened up another gift: coconut oil for your hair! We went and got scalp treatments, which we had never done before. When I scheduled it, I thought it would be a head massage, which Ethan loves to get from this place... but it turned out to be a little different than I thought, which was still fun!

After our mini spa treatments, we went home, showered and got ready for dinner, which we had at Big Juds... a local burger place that Ethan has been craving. We split a burger and I let Ethan open up his next present... tickets to see the new Batman vs. Superman movie and treats. We rushed to the movie and got there just in time. Luckily, I chose our seats ahead of time, so it wasn't too stressful.



We enjoyed the movie, which didn't end until about 10 pm. We had been enjoying the birthday fun for about 12 hours already, but there were still a few more things to do! We got home, and I let Ethan open up his final present... it was a box that had monopoly money, dice, a deck of cards, and a stretchy blue man. Like the rest of the gifts that day, Ethan knew that this gift would lead to something fun we would get to do together. He grinned ear to ear as he pulled the last thing out of the box... the DVD "What Happens in Vegas."

He was pretty stoked to find out we were going to spend a couple nights in Vegas seeing the Blue Man Group in May, yippee!! This is something he has talked about for a while now, so I am so excited to finally take such a wonderful guy to see something he is so excited about.

Katelynn and Erik came over again to play some of the new games Ethan got for his birthday and he blew out the candles on the special birthday cake he requested I make; one that his mom makes every year.


It was a great birthday, and I am so glad the world was able to celebrate such a wonderful man who does so much for me.





Happy Birthday, love. I am beyond lucky to call you mine!!




No comments:

Post a Comment