Saturday, April 9, 2016

Pink & Gold Bridal Shower!

Back in February, I had the opportunity to plan a bridal shower for one of my friends. It was so much fun to plan everything, poor Ethan had a pink & sparkly home for the months leading up to the party.


Originally, I purchased a majority of the decorations, but at the end of the day, nothing was exactly how I wanted it, so I decided to save money and make everything by hand, I'm pretty pleased with how this bridal brunch turned out!



Here's a little peak into the special day!








Katelynn and I co-planned this party and decided a brunch would be the perfect way to add some class and food to the party. I purchased gold chargers from Hobby Lobby for the crepes and meat to sit on, a white table cloth and gold sequin table runner from Amazon to decorate the food table. I also bought some of those old fashion milk holders from Target to put orange juice, milk, and chocolate milk in. The XO is from the dollar section at Target, and the Champagne flutes and pink stripped straws were purchased at Zurcher's. I made the pink, white, and gold garland using tissue paper, twine, and a hot glue gun. 

Here's a closer look at the food:



The plates, napkins, and cutlery were purchased from Zurcher's.


We asked everyone to bring a picture with the bride and write a memory on the back. We shared these during the party, but I totally forgot to take a picture of all the pictures hanging up!



I hung gold fringe from Zurcher's on one of the walls and set up a table with light pink fabric and wedding Photo Booth props I got at TJ Maxx.


This is a terrible picture, but this particular decoration didn't come out as cute as I had planned. It's called 'Festooning" and can be found in a zillion colors at Zurcher's, however I had to hunt down the gold garland on Amazon. I got the XOXO banner at Target. I've seen this look on fireplaces before and really liked the draping to add texture, but this version didn't come out as cute. I will have to try it again another time. 


I made this circle garland by cutting out circles of different cardstock with a 2 1/4" cutter. Then I actually taped every circle together using fishwire. This was not for the weak-crafting heart. I almost drove myself crazy making these. You could use a sewing machine, and I'm sure it would have been super easy, however I did not have access to one, so I drove myself crazy instead. 

I made the bride to be banner by purchasing pre-cut shapes to put the letters on, then I lined them with pink cardstock and used an exact knife to cut them out. I used a letter cutter at a local craft store to make the gold letters and hearts. I used twine to string everything together. 

I purchased the bride to be sash and crown at Target. 


For the party favors, I used light pink, dark pink, and white chocolate and melted them before letting them harden in a heart shaped mold. Then I used my circle cutter and cut out circles and hand wrote the word enjoy. These were tied together with twin. 

During the bridal shower, we ate, played games, opened gifts, and water videos of the groom answering questions. There was a great turn out, and it was a blast. I really enjoyed putting everything together!



No comments:

Post a Comment